My passion is to help business leaders define and embrace what ‘doing the right thing’ means for them using valued behaviours, activated purpose, and corporate culture as critical levers for transformational change and creation of risk-resilient, responsible business.
As a Partner at DWF and as the Founder / Director of Intelligent Ethics, my work involves advising and equipping leaders how to unlock sustainable performance, innovation and transformational growth by building an integrated environmental, social and governance (ESG) architectural framework embracing ethical values, corporate purpose and human-centred leadership at its core.
I enable executive and management teams to embrace the leadership paradoxes of our time, such as developing a digital mindset as a people-focused leader. Today’s uncertain, ambiguous and challenging world requires resilient, self-aware and agile leaders that can transition through change quickly, shape and build new growth opportunities, mitigate risk and transform business fit for a sustainable future.
Other Advisory Roles
- – Financial Reporting Council, Advisory Panel Member, 2021- present
- – Partner, StoneTurn UK, 2021-2023
- – Partner, PwC UK, 2011 – 2017
- – Board Advisor, Centre for Executive and Professional Education, University of Leeds Business School – 2020 to present
- – Visiting Fellow, University of Leeds, Inter-disciplinary Ethics Applied Centre – 2017 to present
- – Board Member, City Women Network – 2018 to 2020
Awarded the formal certificate from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford on completion and final grading of the Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme, October 2022. Recognised as Top Consultant by Consulting Magazine for Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion 2022, Financial Times Champion of Women in Business 2018/2019, Professional Services, Catherine Variety Awards 2019, Top 10 Most Powerful Women in Finance, City AM 2016
Experience and expertise
My business transformational experience cuts across many sectors and industries. Key areas of expertise include corporate governance, regulatory compliance and business ethics, culture and behavioural change, risk assessment, corporate purpose and executive leadership development.
I am a trusted business adviser, expert facilitator, accredited leadership coach, critical friend and inspirational leader on contemporary and challenging areas of business risk including the design and implementation of cross-cutting environmental, social and governance risk management strategies, frameworks and procedures.
I have 30 years of advisory expertise and experience as a Change Management consultant and Organisational Development Practitioner. Working at PwC for over 25 years, and a Partner for over 6 years, my leadership roles included Governance, Risk and Compliance Client Leader for PwC UK and founder of the award-winning Gender Balance Diversity Network.
As a leading voice in the analysis of the impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI) on ethics, I work with organisations to help them better understand and prepare for the digital ethical risks to enable a positive societal impact.
A chartered accountant, accredited coach and certified organisation development consultant, I bring a unique blend of process, forensic and behavioural change expertise to solve my clients’ problems. When strategic, structural and cultural changes collide in the business world today, I break them down, re-align and re-build with purpose, ethics and integrity as the foundation blocks.
You can read, watch and hear me in action using any of the links on this page.
You can also contact me with any enquiries:
Governance, Ethics & Regulatory Compliance
- Tone from the Top – Transforming words into action: PwC
- Ethical business conduct – The holy grail?: PwC
- Corporate Governance in the Boardroom: PwC
- Integrity, business ethics and the resilient organisation: PwC
- Why you can’t scare bankers into doing the right thing: PwC
- To be good or not be good: what is good compliance?: Intelligent Ethics
- Diversity in AI and Bias: Podcast
- The impact of AI on Ethics: MCA
- The Human and The Machine: Podcast
- AI Ethics and Trust - Leadership: City of London Corporation
- AI Ethics and Trust - Impact on the Workforce: City of London Corporation
- Ethical consequences of AI: Condecco Software
- AI Ethics and Trust - How can we trust AI?: City of London Corporation
- Transforming Insurance: CMS & Intelligent Ethics
- Navigating the professional education revolution and the future of the MBA: Interview, Changeboard HR Magazine
- What does it take to be a leader in today's world?: Podcast
- Great Leaders: Born or Made?: Battle of Ideas
- TEDx WhitehallWomen: Trust your Gut: YouTube
- Inspirational Woman: We Are The City
- Most Powerful Women in the City: Consultancy UK
- Banking Conduct and Culture: YouTube
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Yahoo Finance/HERoes Women in Business Role Model: Outstanding 100 Female Executives 2019
- Women in Business Champion: Grant Thornton International 2019
- Diversity Breeds Success: Economia
- Does Unconscious Bias Training work?: Changeboard Future Talent Leaders
- Social Mobility: Creating a Level Playing Field for All WiHTL
- Gender Pay Gap: Evening Standard